Despite the prominence of the internet, there are still some companies out there who don’t have proper websites designed to make proper use of the online traffic looking for them. It seems like a huge hassle, after all, and it often comes with trying to figure your domains and keywords and graphic design. Why bother? The thing is, a website is going to be critical in 2021, more than ever, and you’ll really need to make it a priority in order to help you succeed.
What a website does
You already know that a website helps your customers know who you are and what you do. But, it does a whole lot more than that when you look at it strictly from a business point of view! Here are some of the highlights:
- You’ll show up in search results: Customers won’t be able to find you if you don’t have a website. It’s as simple as that. These days, that’s about as bad as not having a phone number or address. Websites give you the starting points to show up in search results.
- You’ll be able to get your story out there: From social media chatter to your competition (in some cases), everyone has an opinion of you. By creating a professional website that is loaded with information and background, it’ll help you make sure that you share your own story with accurate details.
- It shows that you are who you say you are: From branding to your web content, to your services, customers will know that you are exactly who you say you are when they see your website. That goes a long way to helping promote trust.
- You’ll be available 24 hours per day, 7 days a week, 365 days per year. No one wants to be working 24 hours, and the usage of technologies can help you out with it. Your website will be always available. Trust us, users come at different times, including at 4 am.
The data you need to know
That’s all well and good, perhaps, but what does that actual data say about websites and their relevance to the marketplace? A whole lot, it turns out. Take a look:
- First impressions take 50 milliseconds: Yes, seriously. In less than a second, a customer will have formed their opinion on your entire company. Is your landing page going to form the right opinion?
- 30% of the websites are still not using a secure connection (HTTPS) and web environment for their users.
- 75% determine credibility on web design: If your website looks cheap, they’ll assume that you aren’t the real deal. The same goes for those that have only one or two pages of basic information. Proper website design makes you take things seriously, and your customer will see that you are a professional option.
- 39% will leave if things won’t load: Not fair, perhaps, but oh-so-true. If your customers get frustrated because half the text or half the image loads, they will leave and won’t return. Loading times are absolutely crucial! They often won’t recommend you, either.
- 40% of all websites in the world are built with WordPress: WordPress is the leading CMS (content management system) by far.
- Before visiting, 88% of customers search for a business with a website: Further statistics show that 88% of customers who end up visiting a business in person will check them out online first. What they see will determine if they go in person, or check out the competition to see who has a better website.
- We already have 1.82 billion websites: This means that if you don’t have a website you are far behind and if you don’t start soon and make it right, you will not get a better ranking on search engines like Google.
The data proves that a website in 2021 is going to be mission-critical to your success. The good news is that it doesn’t have to be a complicated one. Just crips, clear, and professional to show the customer that you know what you’re doing. Let a professional and awarded agency take care of your project. Webegin is a five-start customer service company and has been developing websites for new, micro, small, and big companies. Get in touch today!